Boat Storage Policy and Fees
February 8, 2021
Note: The Rehoboth Bay Sailing Association does not assume any responsibility for the protection and safety of member’s automobiles, boats, sailboards, trailers, or other equipment of the damage/loss caused by or to such items. Members are both responsible for and required to tie down boats (both those on the beach and in the parking lot) that could be flipped in a storm and/or washed away with high tides. The following rules apply:
- Automobiles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on any roadway or roadway shoulder, near boats stored on trailers, near the hoist, or entrance to the south or north beach area is strictly prohibited.
- No boat, trailer, sailboard, or piece of equipment can be kept at the Club unless the owner is a current active member of the Club – meaning that their current year membership dues have been paid and any past outstanding account paid.
- No boat, trailer, sailboard, or piece of equipment can be kept at the Club unless a registration form has been completed for each item and a current RBSA registration sticker affixed to each item. For example, if a boat is on a trailer, both the boat and the trailer require registration stickers and proper fees paid. Trailers must be maintained in safe and easily moveable condition, i.e., they must have inflated tires, working tongue hitch, and non-rusted out/broken frames or springs.
- Member boats/equipment are prohibited from being stored in the clubhouse garage at any time of the year without the express permission of the manager. The location where a boat, trailer, sailboard, or other piece of equipment may be kept will be determined and assigned by the Club Manager. When not in use, such items can only be kept in the assigned location and must be properly secured/tied down in a manner that will restrict movement caused by wind or high water After October, boats stored on the beach must be moved to their assigned location. Masts must be dropped on all boats for the off season. The club will secure any boats not in compliance and the owner will be charged $100 plus responsibility for any damage to other boats which may have resulted from their boat not being secured.
- Trial members (i.e., daily or weekly members) or inactive sustaining members may not keep their boat, boat trailer, sailboard, or other related equipment on Club property without the permission of the Club Manager and payment of the proper fee. Non-members participating in a scheduled sailing regatta at RBSA may keep their boats and/or trailers on Club property but must be promptly removed at the end of the regatta.
- RBSA staff reserves the right to move boats/trailers/equipment at the sole discretion of the Club Manager when deemed necessary to optimize space, maintain grounds, or for any other operational need.
- RBSA will attempt to accommodate boats, boat trailers, sailboards, and other related equipment of members if space is available in the assigned areas. If and when this is not possible, a waiting list will be established and published. Boats, boat trailers, sailboards, and equipment on RBSA property that are not properly registered and displaying a valid registration sticker will be removed, impounded, and disposed of.
Rates effective as of May 15, 2021
*SUMMER STORAGE RATES*
|Catamaran||Sunfish & Dinghies||Monohulls
(Under 23 feet)
|Trailers & Cradle||Cruiser Class
22 feet and less
over 22 feet
|• Parking Area|
*WINTER STORAGE RATES*
|Catamaran||Sunfish & Dinghies||Monohulls||Trailers & Cradle||Cruiser Class
22 feet and less
over 22 feet
|Lockers in barn||Lockers in clubhouse||Lockers northside of barn||Tubes||SUP / kayak rack|
|Wind Board Storage (in barn)||Boards and Sails $50; Rigged $100 (per rig).|
Click here to download a copy of the Storage Rates.