Junior Sailing School
This year Junior Sailing School is expected to start in July subject to Covid restrictions.
Two separate weekly courses are offered by reservation:
- Junior Sailing Course – For children ages 8-16.
- Intermediate Sailing Course – For children who can demonstrate the knowledge and skills of a competent beginning small boat sailor.
Little Luffers, children 6-7, can take individual Sailing Lessons or with one or two other student(s).
Classes run Mondays through Fridays from 9 through 11:45 with the first class tentatively starting on July 5. The last class of the season will be the week beginning Monday, August 9.
Reservations can be made by downloading the RBSA Junior Sailing School Registration form (click here to download a copy) and submitting a completed copy of it, the medical release form and payment (see below for details) by email, postal service, or in person at the club in advance. You will receive an email from us confirming details of your reservation.
Registration can also be completed at the club prior to 9 each Monday, the first day of class, based on availability. Classes fill up quickly so early registration is recommended.
Fees & payment information
One week of the Junior Sailing Course costs $200 for members or $295 for non-members. One week of the Intermediate Sailing Course costs $250 for members or $345 for non-members.
Several discounts are available:
- A 10% discount will be applied for sailors enrolling and paying together.
- A 5% discount will be applied to early registrations with payment two weeks in advance of class.
- Inquire about the reduced fee for two weeks (or more) of school.
A medical liability release form must also be completed and signed by the student(s)’ parent or legal guardian. Click here to download a copy. A signed copy of the release may be emailed to us or handed in separately prior to the start of classes.
All junior students will be required to pass a swim check the first day of class.