Rehoboth Bay Foundation (RBF)
mission, programs and how to contribute
The Rehoboth Bay Foundation (RBF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization founded by and based at the Rehoboth Bay Sailing Association (RBSA). The Foundation operating since 1994, is governed by a 6 person elected Board of Directors.
The Foundation’s purposes include:
• water safety,
• the advancement of water conservation,
• wetlands preservation,
• development of athletic programs including sailing school and tennis clinics,
• sponsoring related education activities for the underprivileged, and
• other related activities for the preservation of natural resources.
The Foundation identifies and contributes financially to projects that reflect positively on RBSA and furthered the Foundation’s mission.
In 2022 the Foundation supported the following:
• RBSA’s sailing school program by paying the tuition and expenses for instructor training/certification courses for two individuals.
• Paying for CPR training for all RBSA staff.
• Grant to US Coast Guard Station – Indian River.
• Grants to our local Sea Scouts Program — Ship 198
• Grant to our local US Coast Guard Auxiliary – Flotilla 12-09 for education programs.
• Grant to Sussex Family YMCA for swimming instruction for disadvantaged children.
• Grant to Center for Inland Bays for environmental education programs for children.
• Grant to the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal Improvement Association.
• Small “good neighbor” grants showing support for the work of Delaware Seashore Preservation and the Delaware River & Bay Lighthouse foundations.
Rehoboth Bay Foundation’s endeavors are funded by financial contributions and by the donation of boats and trailers that the Foundation either uses for its programs or sells to support its programs. It is primarily RBSA volunteers who plan and run the events held at the Club and the Foundation’s Board especially welcomes member’s suggestions of new projects and programs
In order to continue the Foundation’s work, please help by making a tax-deductible donation to the RBF and/or by donating a boat or trailer that you may have but no longer use.
If you would like additional information about the Rehoboth Bay Foundation or would like to donate a boat or trailer, please contact the Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash donations in any amount are always welcomed. Checks should be made payable to “Rehoboth Bay Foundation” and mailed to:
Rehoboth Bay Foundation
P.O. Box 483
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
The Rehoboth Bay Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization (52-1802425)